Tuesday 22 September 2015

Paris ~ Part Two

Hey ladies! 

It's Tuesday again and that means its time to talk travel! This week I am continuing my Paris post because there is simply too much Paris to fit into one. So as I mentioned last week Paris has to be my all time favourite city to visit. Bit of a girly clique I know but it really is the most beautiful, romantic exciting city on earth. The highlight of Paris for me (apart from all the food, nom nom!) has to be the many incredible museums. 



Obviously France has a long and fascinating history and with that comes some seriously impressive architecture, art and monuments. So here are a few of my favourites that you absolutely must do when visiting the city of lights. 


Obviously the Eiffel Tower is on my list. I mean you really can't miss it when in Paris. The queue to catch the lift to the top of the tour varies depending on what time of year you visit. In summer time it can literally take several hours, so planning is a must. 



Arc De Triomphe, found at the end of the Champs- Elysees (one of the cities most famous shopping strips). This monument is absolutely gorgeous with detailed stone engravings and a wonderful view from the top. Located in the middle of a round-about, there are 5 lanes of traffic surrounding the  moment. But don't let the traffic deter you the Arc De Triomphe is gorgeous! 





Musee' Rodin. Home to the most prominent works of Auguste Rodin, (including the Thinker) this garden and museum is probably my favourite place to visit in paris. With maintained gardens, breathtaking sculptures and a small cafe, Musee' Rodin is a Paris must do! 



The Lourve. Home to some of the most famous paintings in the world and surrounded by gorgeous gardens, this museum is a European icon. 


Paintings just like this... I think her name was Mona something?? ;) 


Even on a cloudy day, these gardens are gorgeous! 


Last up the notorious Pont Des Arts, also known as the Love Lock Bridge. Every year thousands of people visit this bridge to place a lock and 'seal their love' forever. We of course visited and wrote our  names on a lock. Sealing our family love forever! 

Ah so that is Paris! *Sigh! 
 I truly do love this city and every time I visit I find something new to see, eat and experience. Next week we are talking Versailles So bus up on your French history! 


Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment