Tuesday 16 February 2016

Dubai Getaway and Desert Safari

Happy Monday Everyone! 

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. My weekend was busy but wonderful  and full of adventure. Over the weekend a friend and I headed to Dubai for a day trip and then enjoyed a desert safari! Dubai is only about an hour ( by car) away from Abu Dhabi, so it is the perfect weekend getaway. 

While we where in Dubai we enjoyed the Emirates mall, Marina Beach and The Walk, a strip of great shops and restaurants. 


Marina Beach is packed with families, runners and beach go-ers on the weekend! And when you beach looks like this, why would you ever stay inside?!

The weather was fantastic, as I suspect it always is in Dubai! I mean just look at that view! 



After an afternoon in the sun and some Shake Shack we headed to Emirates Mall for a quick shop, before our desert safari. 

Thats a nice looking desert!

I was pretty darn excited about Desert Day!

If you are ever in Dubai, or the middle east for that matter I highly recommend a desert safari! I know it sounds a little cheesy, camel riding and bell dancing etc. But we really had a great time and it was an experience I know I will not forget in a hurry! 


Our package was only AED 65 and included a tone of activities. Including four-whee drive Dune Bashing, which was fun/exhilarating and a tad terrifying!

Our very brave and capable driver. Who also doubles as your personal photographer, to make sure you secure that million dollar Instagram shot ;)

Pretending not to notice the giant bird death staring me! 

During our safari I got to meet and 'hold' this beautiful falcon. Which was again amazing and terrifying. *I have a big phobia of birds, especially ones with enormous, sharp beaks and claws! #whatwasithinking! 


We enjoyed a sunset camel ride! If you have never ridden a camel, this truly is an experience you must try! 

And then before dinner (an arabic buffet/ feast) we got complimentary Henna hand art! 




It was a HUGE but fantastic day! I highly recommend a desert safari to anyone looking for a little taste of middle eastern culture. These safaris included a tone of activities of people of all ages and are very reasonable priced. For more information or to book your own desert experience, click here!

Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment