Monday 29 August 2016

NYC Trip continued!

Morning Friends!

I hope you all had a splendid weekend. I;m finally getting on top of the mountain of washing and work catchup. But I'm thankful for a quite weekend filled with lots of sleep and Netflix! Total bliss! Today I'm sharing days four, five and six of our holiday to NYC! 

Day Four 

 We started day four with a slow stroll down town towards Greenwich Village. If I was to live in New York this is where you would find me. Beautiful brownstones, tones of amazing cafes, young families, this is my place! 



After a wonder through the village and a little real-estate shopping ;) It was time for brunch at By Chloe!


This place has to be the best Vegan cafe I have ever stumbled upon. The food is amazing and well worth the wait! 


After lunch we headed uptown to Top of the Rock for a little tourist activity. We checked out the amazing view and soaked it all in. 


A little sister selfie high in the sky! 


After Top of the Rock it was time for a quick coffee break before we headed to MOMA. 


If you haven't already been to MOMA I can not recommend it enough. As an art nerd this place is my mecca but I defy anyone not to like it or enjoy the space. 



Including the famous outdoor sculpture garden which is pretty darn special! 

After MOMA we where utterly exhausted so scraped our dinner plans and instead opted for a night in! 

Day Five 

Day five saw us heading down to Soho where we enjoyed a sugar filled breakfast at the Dominique Ansel Bakery, this place is famous for inventing the Cronut and trust me they are well worth the calories. 


Holy moly, I'm still dreaming about it! 


After a walk and shop through soho, where I took no pictures. #bloggerfail We headed down to the financial district to check out the new One World Tower, Westfield shopping centre and the 9/11 memorial. 




Some seriously  amazing architecture there! 

After a very somber tour of the new 9/11 memorial which is truly breathtaking. We took a moment to relax and have a snack at Brookfield Place. A shopping complex across from One World Tower, directly along the water front. 


After a little rest, river side we changed hotels and had a nap! We switched to the Evelyn Hotel just above madison square park and the flatiron building. 


For dinner we headed back down to Soho to meet my mum and sister for dinner at their hotel. The stayed at Nomo Soho and the restaurant is simply spectacular! 




Day Six 

My travel / action/ forgetful brain was in full swing at this point and I forgot to photograph breakfast and the cafe we ate at. However you can trust me when I say the Penelope in Mid town East is Fantastic! The food is great and the cafe is super cute! 

Day six was all about the museums. I'm an art junkie so I was super excited for both the Met and the Guggenheim. 



 We started off with some modern art at the Guggenheim and took in the amazing architecture as well :) 



After a good look around we headed further up 5th Ave to explore the Met and sink our teeth into some couture.  





The Manus X Machina exhibition was truly incredible! Like breathtaking! These outfits really art masterpieces! 


After collecting ourselves post couture overload, it was back down to Soho and straight to Joe and the Juice for lunch! *Probably the best fresh juice in town +  multiple locations = must do ! 


Another stroll and shop through Soho before a restaurant repeat at Nomo Soho! 


What can I say? The food is fantastic and the fit out is dream like! 

Day Seven 

The next morning I was up bright and early packing, before heading to Balthazar's for a quick breakfast. This is an iconic restaurant and my favourite spot in NYC for breakfast! 


Then it was off to the airport and home bound. 

Our trip was short and sweet and filled with memories I know I will have forever. So grateful I get to spend special time traveling with my sisters! If you are heading to NYC soon be sure to check out my previous post. And if you have any questions about this trip or any NYC related queries please comment or message me! 

Have a wonderful Monday friends! 

Lou 
xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment