Monday 9 January 2017

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year friends! 

I know we are now well into January, but seeing as this is my first day back and blogging I wanted to wish you all a blessed, safe and happy year ahead! 

Like many of you our December/ early January period is always chaotic, fun and exhausting. Here is a little catch up on life lately. 



I celebrated Christmas eve with my parents and younger sister *who is home from Minnesota. Our annual Christmas eve dinner includes a BBQ, fairy light tour and champagne. 


Christmas day was a blur of guests, food and fun. We had 20 people in total and it was crazy. Gift exchanges, afternoon tennis matches, far too much wine and memories with the people I love most. 


Including these two! My sisters. I love when we are all in the same city, even if it is only for a few days 😀


Even this guy got into the Christmas spirit! 




Post Christmas a few girlfriends and I took a day trip to a local winery because well why not?!?! It's the holidays after all. We ate, we drank, we laughed and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. 


Then a few days later we where back on the road and headed camping. 1 packed car, four cramped adults and a 3 hour drive yippee!!! 


After we set up it was time to party and welcome 2017! Tents where flooded, phones where broken and a toe was dislocated but it was fantastic. 

I would share more pictures but camping = no phone chargers. Which was probably a blessing after all. Spending some quality time with a few of my favourite people minus the distraction of a phone is  a rare thing! 



Now we are home again and getting ready to jump into the new year. As I write this I'm covered in children and enjoying some good old Scooby-Doo! So I better get back to it! 

Have a terrific day friends! 

Lou 
xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment